Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Art auction raises £8,000 for Brighton charity
7:40am Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
A charity auction featuring work from the son of one of Britain’s greatest ever artists has raised more than £8,000 for charity.
The A Band Of Brothers Gala Fundraiser featuring work by Worthing-based artist David Freud, right, has been hailed a massive success and has raised £8,000 so far.
The auction at the Thistle Hotel in Brighton sold 11 lots on Friday night, with 20 more lots left on an online auction.
Art lovers can bid for the work, which includes a portrait of David Freud’s late father Lucien Freud, at 15thMarch.com until April 2.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- David Cameron rejects Caroline Lucas' Page 3 ban call
- Looking Back: Littlehampton fishermen's fight for livelihoods
- New report reveals Brighton seafront is the city's most pressing concern
- Speakers to debate gay marriage proposal
- Jeremy Forrest's 'caring nature' led to his troubles, his sister claims