Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Sussex snowboarder fighting for life after being crushed on slopes in Austria
10:53am Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
A British snowboarder suffered horrific injuries after he was dragged under a piste-basher machine in the Austrian Alps.
The 35-year-old man, from West Sussex, is fighting for his life in hospital after he was reportedly crushed between the front of the vehicle and its drive chain on the slopes at the Solden ski resort in the Tyrol.
A local news report said he became trapped in the area between the drive train and the snowblower at the back of the vehicle on Tuesday.
A spokesman for the foreign office said: 'We have seen the reports and are urgently looking into them.
'We stand ready to offer consular assistance at this difficult time.
- Do you know the victim? Contact the newsdesk on 01273 544525
- Body of young woman found in Westbourne house fire
- Albion admit investigation launched into Palace dressing room incident
- Top comics back late Brighton playwright's theatre dream
- 200-year-old skeleton found by boy on West Wittering beach laid to rest
- Hove TV presenter's plea for daughter's missing degree work