Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
On track for 20mph zones across Brighton and Hove
11:30am Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
Council bosses claim they are on track to introduce 20mph speed limits on time.
Brighton and Hove City Council plans to introduce the restrictions across the majority of residential and shopping streets in the city centre from April 8.
Until then the 30mph limits will remain, with some motorists complaining about confusion.
In preparation, teams have been painting markings and installing signs on the affected roads for the past month.
Adverts will also go in bus shelters from Monday to raise awareness about the new restrictions.
The local authority believes the move will improve safety and reduce air pollution.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Political coup to oust Brighton and Hove council leader fails
- Open day at well-being centre in Hove
- Sussex Boat owners urged to carry out safety checks
- Sussex mum of eight guilty of £350,000 benefit fraud
- Plans for rooftop gardens in Brighton and Hove