Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton marathon man fighting through pain barrier in record attempt
3:30pm Thursday 21st March 2013 in News
A marathon runner is fighting through the pain as he enters the final stretch of his incredible world record attempt.
Albion in the Community employee Dan Lawson is attempting to run the equivalent of 20 marathons in a week on a treadmill in Jubilee Square, Brighton.
The 40-year-old passed the 380-mile mark at 2am this morning as he battles with fatigue.
To fuel him through his toughest day of the event so far yesterday, he managed to eat a veggie burger, a few spoonfuls of plain rice, dried fruit, and a couple of poppadums with mango chutney.
He has been watching films to keep his mind occupied as he runs an average of 74 miles a day since last Saturday and he is expected to break the world record between 5 and 7pm tomorrow.
- Brighton and Hove braces itself for another week of bin strikes as rubbish piles up
- Number of A&E patients in Sussex is rising
- Chichester toddler savaged by dog
- Tributes to Crawley child killed by mirror
- Cyclists flout pavement ban just days after police crackdown on Brighton seafront