Contestants with a strong stomach are invited to put their taste buds to the test and tackle some treats with a difference.
A selection of weird and wonderful exotic delicacies from around the world will be cooked up and offered to people with a brave constitution to try.
The Extreme Food Challenge event is taking place on Saturday, March 30 as part of the Brighton and Hove Food and Drink Festival.
Organisers are keeping tight-lipped over exactly what is on the menu so people can have a surprise on the day, but promise some heat, some very unusual canapes and things to make you squirm.
Festival committee member Nathalie Gomez de Vera and Moshimo head chef Donna Vargas, who will be cooking up the treats, were joined by contestants Joseph Long and Claire Beveridge for the challenge’s official launch.
Organisers are looking for people to join them and take on the challenge, which takes place at the Live Food Show Marquee in Victoria Gardens at 5pm.
Anyone interested in taking part should visit www.brightonfoodfestival.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Man left with broken jaw after being attacked by two men outside Brighton seafront hotel
- Residents' fury as travellers set up home on Woodingdean burial site
- Lucky football fan finds FA Cup final tickets dropped from space
- Woman in her late 60s or early 70s found dead on beach
- Funeral for murdered girl found in burnt out boot to take place in Berlin