Contestants with a strong stomach are invited to put their taste buds to the test and tackle some treats with a difference.
A selection of weird and wonderful exotic delicacies from around the world will be cooked up and offered to people with a brave constitution to try.
The Extreme Food Challenge event is taking place on Saturday, March 30 as part of the Brighton and Hove Food and Drink Festival.
Organisers are keeping tight-lipped over exactly what is on the menu so people can have a surprise on the day, but promise some heat, some very unusual canapes and things to make you squirm.
Festival committee member Nathalie Gomez de Vera and Moshimo head chef Donna Vargas, who will be cooking up the treats, were joined by contestants Joseph Long and Claire Beveridge for the challenge’s official launch.
Organisers are looking for people to join them and take on the challenge, which takes place at the Live Food Show Marquee in Victoria Gardens at 5pm.
Anyone interested in taking part should visit www.brightonfoodfestival.com.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- You silly little boy: Police organise meeting with family of teenager who mocked deaths of Leeds fans in online picture
- Brighton bus services saved after company and council come to agreement
- Brighton's Dungeon Bar will have beer and bondage but will be a "safe place for people to explore their sexual desires"
- Road blocked due to accident on A27 at Hollingbury
- Accident involving bus in Newhaven