Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Club to honour two of the legends of cricket
3:20pm Sunday 31st March 2013 in News
A cricket club is to pay its respects to two of the game’s most recognisable figures.
Sussex Cricket Club will host a special celebration lunch in honour of former Sussex and England captain Tony Greig and former Test Match Special commentator Christopher Martin- Jenkins.
The lunch will be held in The Montefiore Hospital Boundary Rooms at The BrightonandHoveJobs.com County Ground, Hove, on Monday, May 6 with speakers former TMS producer Peter Baxter and former Sussex captain John Barclay.
The event will raise money for the Sussex Cricket in the Community Trust and the Sussex Cricket Museum and Educational Trust.
The pair both passed away at the turn of the year.
Greig played for Sussex from 1967 to 1978 as an all rounder and was captain for four years while long-serving broadcaster and journalist Martin- Jenkins’ son Robin played for Sussex for more than 15 years.
- Sussex families tell how they have been ripped apart by school bullying
- Man charged in University of Sussex trafficking case following extradition
- Greater Brighton "City Deal" signed, promising £170m boost for local digital businesses
- Agatha Christie whodunnit gremlins leave Eastbourne audience in the dark
- Meet Your Argus - in the pub
Comments are closed on this article.