A cricket club is to pay its respects to two of the game’s most recognisable figures.
Sussex Cricket Club will host a special celebration lunch in honour of former Sussex and England captain Tony Greig and former Test Match Special commentator Christopher Martin- Jenkins.
The lunch will be held in The Montefiore Hospital Boundary Rooms at The BrightonandHoveJobs.com County Ground, Hove, on Monday, May 6 with speakers former TMS producer Peter Baxter and former Sussex captain John Barclay.
The event will raise money for the Sussex Cricket in the Community Trust and the Sussex Cricket Museum and Educational Trust.
The pair both passed away at the turn of the year.
Greig played for Sussex from 1967 to 1978 as an all rounder and was captain for four years while long-serving broadcaster and journalist Martin- Jenkins’ son Robin played for Sussex for more than 15 years.
- Academy plans for Hove Park school thrown out
- Parents arrive for crunch school meeting
- Hove Park headteacher recommends governors to vote against academy status
- Call for safety review after man knifed in gardens
- VIDEO: The gathering outside Hove Park School as they wait for the decision