Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Worthing midnight swimmer launches emergency service response
9:22am Monday 8th July 2013 in News
A swimmer on a midnight dip to cool off after a scorching day sparked a response from the emergency services.
The woman was swimming in the sea off Worthing beach at just after 12.15am this morning when she was spotted by police officers who called the coastguard.
The lifeboat crew from Shoreham were alerted and set to launch before it was established the woman was not in trouble.
When she returned to the beach moments later, a coastguard official said she wondered what all the fuss was about.
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Drugs giant to invest millions in town site
- "Vinnie" sought over sex attack
- Woman, 76, suffers life-threatening injuries after head-on collision
- Bus service cuts at "critical level"
Comments are closed on this article.