Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Consultation for Stanmer Estate plans
12:20pm Monday 8th July 2013 in News
Plans to restore and protect the historic Stanmer Estate are being consulted on.
A masterplan will include proposals for bringing empty farm buildings and vacant plots back into use.
Opportunities to bid for external funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund are also being considered.
People are urged to contribute their views to the consultation, which ends Sunday, July 14.
Brighton and Hove City Council is drawing up a long term plan for the 5,000 acre estate, which boasts a public park, Grade I listed Stanmer House, Grade II* Stable Block and 16 Grade II listed buildings.
The council-led Stanmer Estate Restoration project is a partnership with the South Downs National Park Authority, the Food Partnership, Stanmer Preservation Society and Stanmer Stakeholders Group.
- Liveblog: Scores due to attend funeral of Robert Argyle after plea from Royal British Legion
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Fight outside McDonalds in Bognor leaves three needing hospital treatment
Comments are closed on this article.