Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Bus network is launched for Ashdown forest
12:50pm Monday 8th July 2013 in News
A sustainable transport scheme for visitors to Ashdown Forest has been launched.
A bus network has been set up by the Wealden Bus Alliance connecting visitors from local mainline railway stations to the heart forest.
Transport Minister Norman Baker, who launched the scheme, said: “Ashdown Forest is a wonderful area of open countryside for walking, picnics and wildlife, but its rare heathland habitat is under threat from increasing nitrogen deposits caused by a number of sources including the motor car.
“The Forest Explorer bus network allows visitors to enjoy the Forest while keeping harmful pollution to a minimum.”
For more details go to wealdenbus.org.uk/forestexplorer
- Our heroes on the streets - veterans among rising homeless in Brighton and Hove
- Fish die after "significant" pollution incidents hit West Sussex
- Rogue lorry drivers targeted in smuggling crackdown
- Kitty in the City needs new van
- Bank robbers strike in Haywards Heath
Comments are closed on this article.