Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Record-breakers, Gangnam Style, at 700th St Lawrence Fair in Hurstpierpoint
5:30pm Monday 8th July 2013 in News
An annual fair celebrated a historic occasion as it celebrated its 700th anniversary on Saturday.
St Lawrence Fair, Hurstpierpoint, marked the day with a world record attempt at dancing to Gangnam Style.
Guinness World Record officials are yet to confirm the results, but organisers believe they have beaten the previous record of 997 people with 1,078 taking part.
David Hampson, committee member of St Lawrence Fair, said: “It hasn’t yet been confirmed but we are confident the number of people was more than the previous record.
“It was a great celebration for the community and everyone who helped organise the event worked so hard.
“The parade procession was fantastic.
We had steam engines, 15 floats, dancers – so much going on.
“It was a great family day out. Kids and parents alike all had a brilliant time.”
Approximately 8,500 people attended the day to mark the milestone anniversary.
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Options for long-term future of East Sussex maternity services published
- Nottinghamshire burglar wanted by police thought to be in Brighton and Hove
- Heartbroken brides-to-be slam Chichester fashion designer for "disappearing"
- Horsham chef through to MasterChef: the Professionals final week
Comments are closed on this article.