Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Record-breakers, Gangnam Style, at 700th St Lawrence Fair in Hurstpierpoint
5:30pm Monday 8th July 2013 in News
An annual fair celebrated a historic occasion as it celebrated its 700th anniversary on Saturday.
St Lawrence Fair, Hurstpierpoint, marked the day with a world record attempt at dancing to Gangnam Style.
Guinness World Record officials are yet to confirm the results, but organisers believe they have beaten the previous record of 997 people with 1,078 taking part.
David Hampson, committee member of St Lawrence Fair, said: “It hasn’t yet been confirmed but we are confident the number of people was more than the previous record.
“It was a great celebration for the community and everyone who helped organise the event worked so hard.
“The parade procession was fantastic.
We had steam engines, 15 floats, dancers – so much going on.
“It was a great family day out. Kids and parents alike all had a brilliant time.”
Approximately 8,500 people attended the day to mark the milestone anniversary.
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Plans to turn Lewes Magistrate's Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
- Climate change advisor 'in favour' of fracking
Comments are closed on this article.