Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Fire ravages Hove chiropractor’s surgery
10:53am Tuesday 9th July 2013 in News
Firefighters battled to save a chiropractor’s surgery after fire broke out in high-tech equipment.
Crews from Hove Fire Station were called to a blaze in a chiropractor’s surgery in Salisbury Road, Hove, after receiving calls at just before 5am yesterday morning.
More than 25 residents from the flat above the shop were woken by fire alarms and were able to get out of the building before the fire took hold.
Six firefighters using breathing apparatus dealt with the fire which is believed to have started accidentally.
The four-storey building was built about three years ago on the site of an old Church of Scientology.
Crew commander Lester Prevett said: “The fire looks like it started in some of the ultrasound equipment in the surgery, it looked like big expensive equipment.
“The residents were out of the property when we got there, there were about 25 to 30 residents in the street.
“When we broke the window to force entry, we were confronted with lots of black smoke and more coming out the back.
“It probably took about half an hour to bring under control but the guys were there for a few hours after damping down and waiting for the owner.”
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Shoreham lifeboat heroes clock up 50 years at sea
- Supreme Court judges allow Scientology wedding
- Man robbed of shoes in Worthing attack
- Same-sex weddings are the "icing on the cake"
Comments are closed on this article.