Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
The seal deal for Lancing kayaker
11:19am Tuesday 9th July 2013 in News
This creature won the seal of approval from beach-goers over the weekend.
Paul Barron was kayaking at Lancing beach when the seal bumped into his kayak.
At first glance, Paul believed the animal was a black Labrador.
The seal then popped up and followed Mr Barron for a quarter of a mile along the beach.
Mr Barron, 34, who was enjoying a day out with his family, said: “We were about 20 yards away from the shore, and the seal just kept following me. People were swimming nearby but nothing could have spooked this seal.”
Mr Barron had fishing rods on the back of his kayak, and he believes the seal may have fished out what was going on.
An hour after the excitement, Mr Barron went back out to sea with his six-year-old daughter. The seal reappeared and followed them along the beach again.
Mr Barron, 34, said: “People thought the seal was my pet, and was causing a right stir.”
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Brighton band sparkles in national contest
- Worthing school would increase capacity as part of a town-wide reorganisation
Comments are closed on this article.