Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
£3m boost for charities in Sussex
1:30pm Thursday 11th July 2013 in News
Charities have been handed a multi-million pound cash boost.
Nearly £3m has been awarded to organisations in a bid to improve the lives of people in East Sussex.
East Sussex County Council and the NHS provided joint funding over three years for 21 organisations.
Grants were given to organisations including those helping vulnerable children, people with long-term health conditions and people affected by strokes.
Coun Bill Bentley, lead member for adult social care, said: “In these challenging times, it is vital that we all work to find solutions.”
A full list of grants and more information is available at eastsussex.gov.uk/cgp
- Special report: Will your MP take an 11% pay rise?
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
Comments are closed on this article.