Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Conservation task day is held at Alexandra Park in Hastings
3:41pm Thursday 11th July 2013 in News
Local people are invited to get involved with the conservation of a park this weekend.
On Sunday, there will be a task day at Shornden conservation area in Alexandra Park, Hastings.
Cllr Emily Westley, lead member for leisure and amenities, said: “This is a great opportunity to get involved with the conservation of Alexandra Park at Shornden.
“We will be starting fencing improvements by removing the old chestnut paling and replacing it with wire stock netting.
“At the same time, Hastings Botany Group is carrying out plant surveys of the three areas we work in to see if any changes can be identified; general feedback so far from the group is that things are looking very healthy and have been improved as a direct result our works carried out there.”
Volunteers are invited down from 9am until 1pm where tools will be provided.
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Sussex Police Chief Constable announces retirement after 32-year career
Comments are closed on this article.