Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man struck and killed by lorry after falling from motorway footbridge near Gatwick
6:41pm Sunday 14th July 2013 in News
A lorry collided with a man after he reportedly fell from a bridge over a motorway.
It’s believed the man fell from a footbridge over the M23 near Gatwick Airport before hitting a northbound travelling lorry at around 1pm today (July 14).
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The northbound carriageway of the motorway was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident, causing heavy congestion.
Surrey Police is now appealing for witnesses to the incident.
If anyone witnessed the incident or has any information which could assist police, please contact Surrey Police on 101, quoting P13211280.
- Boxing clever on Brighton's homeless crisis
- Car collision on cliff's edge at Telscombe
- Woman subjected to "serious sexual assault" on beach
- Brighton's Blind Tiger Club asking punters to save it from closure
- First World War medals burgled
Comments are closed on this article.