Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Frankie Cocozza helps pitch in for Connor Saunders charity
9:20am Monday 15th July 2013 in News
A community came together to raise money in memory of a talented teenage footballer.
Connor Saunders, 19, of Woodingdean, died last year after an incident outside Tesco Express in West Street, Rottingdean.
To raise money for Connor’s 5, a foundation set up in his name, a special Emergency Service Fun Day was held at Peacehaven Football Club in Piddinghoe Avenue yesterday.
In sweltering heat, firemen, paramedics and police officers took to the pitch as part of a football tournament.
Visitors also enjoyed stalls, food and music performances while many had their pictures taken with former X Factor contestant Frankie Cocozza, a childhood friend of Connor.
For more details visit www.connors5.com.
- Boxing clever on Brighton's homeless crisis
- Missing Eastbourne man found safe and well
- Car collision on cliff's edge at Telscombe
- Woman subjected to "serious sexual assault" on beach
- Brighton's Blind Tiger Club asking punters to save it from closure
Comments are closed on this article.