Hove woman Eileen, 99, hits target for charity after being oldest to do Martlets Midnight Walk (From The Argus)
Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Hove woman Eileen, 99, hits target for charity after being oldest to do Martlets Midnight Walk
5:20pm Tuesday 16th July 2013 in News
A woman of 99 has reached her fundraising target after taking part in a sponsored walk.
Eileen Wilson became the oldest person to take part in the annual Martlets Hospice Midnight Walk last month.
Mrs Wilson, from Hove, was among more than 700 women of all ages who braved wet and windy weather to take on a six-mile or 13-mile route around the streets of Brighton and Hove.
She was pushed around the six-mile course by two friends.
Mrs Wilson had aimed to raise £500 and passed her target following a series of online donations.
She is now planning to take part in next year’s event to celebrate her 100th birthday.
People can still support her at justgiving.com/Eileen-Wilson.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Supreme Court judges allow Scientology wedding
- Man robbed of shoes in Worthing attack
- Same-sex weddings are the "icing on the cake"
- New bid to drill for fossil fuels in South Downs National Park
Comments are closed on this article.