Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gatwick Airport set for six million people passing through terminals this weekend
12:30pm Wednesday 17th July 2013 in News
More than 70,000 holidaymakers are expected at an airport on its busiest day.
Staff at Gatwick are bracing themselves for the busiest day of the year when 72,000 people are expected to fly out from the Sussex airport on Friday, July 26.
Airport bosses are predicting six million passengers through the airport between Friday and Monday, September 2.
The airport will have 120 Olympic ambassadors on hand throughout the summer months to give passengers a warm welcome and provide information, while themed entertainment will be held each week.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Plans to turn Lewes Magistrate's Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
- Climate change advisor 'in favour' of fracking
Comments are closed on this article.