Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Gourmet Burger Kitchen wins appeal over glittering sign in Gardner Street
1:40pm Wednesday 17th July 2013 in News
A restaurant has won an appeal to install a new “shimmering” sign outside its premises.
Gourmet Burger Kitchen, in Gardner Street, Brighton, was refused permission for the work by Brighton and Hove City Council as officials claimed that it did not fit in with the North Laine conservation area.
But after an appeal to the national Planning Inspectorate, the decision was overturned, as it was ruled that there was “no significant harm” to the protected zone.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Fears for father-of-two after car found at Beachy Head
- Fitting farewell for Eastbourne war veteran Robert Argyle as 100 strangers attend funeral
- Premier Inn plan for Lewes Magistrates' Court rejected for being out of character with town
Comments are closed on this article.