Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Play street event is a huge success
1:54pm Sunday 21st July 2013 in News
Sunshine and games were enjoyed by children at the second monthly play street event.
Around 40 youngsters and parents enjoyed two hours of carefree fun on Thursday as Shaftesbury Road was closed off.
Shelley Jenkins, who helped organise the play street, said: “It was really great and very hot. We got the hose pipe out for a bit and the kids had a great time scooting down the street, playing football – just making the most of the space.
“It was lovely to have the great weather because for our first one last month it was still a bit chilly.
“I think it’s really important as it is one of those things that has kind of gone.
“It’s so nice for kids to know the other kids from their street and other streets as well.”
Play streets let children play outside safely. To apply to hold one use the form at www.brighton-hove.gov.uk.
- Next year's Pride looks to go international with Freedom to Live theme
- Fire service to slash budget by almost a fifth in five years - but plans discussed in private
- Broken-down lift stops disabled people attending council meeting
- Former Albion chairman Dick Knight made freeman of the city
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
Comments are closed on this article.