Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton opticians lead eye-catching campaign
1:30pm Monday 22nd July 2013 in News
A fun day was held on Saturday as part of a campaign to highlight the health dangers of neglecting your eyes.
Eyesite Opticians in North Street, Brighton, joined independent opticians all over the country to offer tips and advice on UV protection.
The optician and staff also quizzed the people of Brighton to find out how much they really knew about eye health and UV protection.
Chris Harrop, optician, said: “What many people don’t realise is that, unless sunglasses or clear glasses providing a UV barrier on the front and back of the lens are worn, the surface of the eye can suffer sunburn in just the same way as the skin, with cataracts and even blindness the possible result.
“An eye examination, which should be held at least once every two years, can be critically important in identifying damage caused by exposure to the ultra-violet rays emitted by the sun.”
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Worthing rowers keen to get back in the boat days after dramatic rescue
- Former Whitehawk players appear in court on match-fixing charges
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
Comments are closed on this article.