Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton marathon runners raise £44K for Martlets hospice
10:30am Tuesday 23rd July 2013 in News
Marathon runners have been thanked by a hospice for their fundraising efforts.
Sixty-five people took to the streets in April for the Brighton Marathon to support the Martlets Hospice in Hove.
They have managed to raise more than £44,000 so far, which will go towards the hospice’s work supporting patients and their families.
A special reception was held for the runners at the hospice in Wayfield Avenue to mark their achievement.
Hospice fundraiser Clem Hunnisett said: “We are delighted so many people took part in this year’s Brighton Marathon for our cause.
“We would like to thank all our runners for supporting the Martlets and for their help.”
The hospice has places available for next year’s marathon, with runners asked to raise a minimum of £500.
For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 747455.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- £30m redevelopment plans revealed for two Sussex hospitals
- New map reveals 20mph zone for Brighton and Hove
- Phoenix the cat from Arundel survives tumble dryer trip
- Next year's Pride looks to go international with Freedom to Live theme
- Fire service to slash budget by almost a fifth in five years - but plans discussed in private
Comments are closed on this article.