Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Young pirates mass for big picnic in Rottingdean
3:20pm Tuesday 23rd July 2013 in News
Pirates, parrots and peg-legs congregated at the weekend for an annual Smugglers’ picnic.
Hordes of youngsters dressed as seafaring scoundrels descended on the seafront terraces in Rottingdean for the charity event.
As well as a fancy dress competition and swashbuckling games, visitors took part in a musical procession and interactive puppet show.
The event was raising money for the annual Rottingdean Smugglers night and the Connor’s Court project – in memory of local teenager Connor Saunders.
Cathy Taylor, of the PARC – Play Area in Rottingdean Committee – said: “It was a great event. We had hundreds of youngsters dressed as pirates, it was quite a sight.
“We were very lucky to have such good weather and raised lots of money for two very good causes.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Drugs giant to invest millions in town site
- "Vinnie" sought over sex attack
- Woman, 76, suffers life-threatening injuries after head-on collision
- Bus service cuts at "critical level"
Comments are closed on this article.