Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton hairdresser organises Twilight Ball for Sussex charity
9:40am Wednesday 24th July 2013 in News
Party goers enjoyed fine dining and great music at a summer ball on Saturday to raise money for Friends of Sussex Hospices.
Hairdresser Lisa Munn of Brighton organised the Twilight Ball– with the help of four friends – in memory of her mum who died of cancer. The event, at the East Sussex National Hotel near Uckfield, attracted 260 guests and raised more than £15,000 for the charity.
Lisa said: “It was just something my heart led me to.
“Everyone enjoyed it and I can’t believe we pulled it off.
“It’s an amazing amount of money and the hospices need all the help they can get.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.