Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Preston Park rock garden to reopen this week
12:50pm Wednesday 24th July 2013 in News
A popular rock garden is to be reopened today.
Brighton and Hove City Council and Friends of Preston Park have been working together to restore The Rookery in Preston Road, Brighton.
Work centred on repairing a major leak in the pond, which involved moving 150 tonnes of silt and many tonnes of rock.
New beds have also been planted while tadpoles and fish are among the animals restored to the pond.
The ribbon at The Rookery, which is the largest municipal rock garden in the country, will be cut today at 2pm.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Bus service cuts at "critical level"
- Scores to attend war hero's funeral following appeal
- Gym session triggered rare muscle condition
- Police in new drive top recruit new PCSOs
Comments are closed on this article.