Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Mosaic garden opens at Fairlight school in Brighton
2:30pm Wednesday 24th July 2013 in News
Fairlight Primary and Nursery School Brighton have celebrated the opening of their new mosaic garden.
Children were invited to design a bug to be interpreted as a mosaic for a garden retaining wall in the playground of the school.
The children, aged between three and ten years, teamed up with Christine Walker to design the mosaic based on bugs and mini bees.
The school said: “The children’s contributions are a beautiful addition to our growing garden, and we are extremely proud of the hard work that went into the whole process.”
The work was started in May 2013 and the first phase completed in July 2012
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- UPDATE: nearly 100 flights delayed at Gatwick after Nats fault
- Farage pilot found dead at home in Eastbourne
- Gatwick Airport delays after control centre fault
- Chaos and damage as river bursts its banks
- Heroic work of the police and public recognised
Comments are closed on this article.