Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Kate and William name Royal baby George Alexander Louis
6:20pm Wednesday 24th July 2013 in News
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announced tonight their baby son would be called George Alexander Louis.
William and Kate's baby will be known as Prince George and as third in line to the throne will one day be king.
Kensington Palace said in a short statement: "The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to announce that they have named their son George Alexander Louis.
"The baby will be known as His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge."
Six King Georges have worn the crown throughout history since the German-born George I, the first Hanoverian king of Great Britain, acceded to the throne in 1714.
The last was the Queen's father George VI who died in 1952 but was known to his family as Bertie.
George was the most popular name with the bookies with betting firms William Hill, Coral and Paddy Power all offering short odds on the moniker.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Sussex Police Chief Constable announces retirement after 32-year career
Comments are closed on this article.