Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Travellers move onto Brighton's Preston Park
11:25am Thursday 25th July 2013 in News
Travellers moved onto a popular park this morning.
A group of about 25 vans set up an unauthorised encampment in Preston Park, Brighton, overnight.
A spokeswoman for Brighton and Hove City Council said up to half of the vehicles had already left.
She added local authority officers and representatives from Sussex Police were visiting the site this morning to determine the best course of action for the remaining vehicles.
The council said it was hopeful the group would move on shortly.
- Santa bus in Woodingdean tonight
- Cliff edge driver arrested for drink driving
- Appeal after driver fails to stop after A27 collision
- A27 collision causing traffic hold-ups
- Copthorne care home residents at risk - after 19 died at previous home