Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
‘Partridge’ has his tailor, Brighton's Gresham Blake, in stitches
3:30pm Friday 26th July 2013 in News
It was a case of Sewing Me, Sewing You this week for one starstruck tailor.
Brighton designer Gresham Blake was picked to produce the suit worn by Norwich’s finest local DJ Alan Partridge at the premiere of his film, Alpha Papa.
The thrilled tailor said the film, starring comedian Steve Coogan who lives in Ovingdean, was bound to have audiences in stitches.
Mr Blake said: “Steve even booked in to be measured up as Alan Partridge, which was hilarious.
“He told us he wanted the suit made from our best polyester – the first time I’ve ever heard that. I suppose the suit was meant to be kind of cool and uncool at the same time.”
The big screen spin-off of the hitTVshowsees Partridge called in by police to help negotiate with a colleague who stages a siege after he is sacked from North Norfolk Digital radio station.
Coogan said of the suit: “I wanted a fusion of Prince Charles and Roger Moore and I think I have achieved that quite significantly. I like to call it Roger Windsor.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Options for long-term future of East Sussex maternity services published
- Nottinghamshire burglar wanted by police thought to be in Brighton and Hove
- Heartbroken brides-to-be slam Chichester fashion designer for "disappearing"
- Horsham chef through to MasterChef: the Professionals final week
Comments are closed on this article.