Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton park reopens following refurbishment
9:20am Saturday 27th July 2013 in News
What a treat.
After nine months of hard graft and a construction bill of £2.2 million, The Level in Brighton was officially opened to the public yesterday.
Hundreds of people gathered in excitement outside the park in Ditchling Road shortly before its official opening at 5.30pm.
And after a cheery countdown in the sun, the wait was finally over.
Residents and guests alike can now take advantage of a new, improved and free local facility.
The Level’s facelift includes a new and exciting children’s playground, a blooming sensory garden, fountains, a new skate park and new cafe.
Brighton and Hove City Council received Heritage Lottery Funding to completely revamp the park.
- Boxing clever on Brighton's homeless crisis
- Missing Eastbourne man found safe and well
- Car collision on cliff's edge at Telscombe
- Woman subjected to "serious sexual assault" on beach
- Brighton's Blind Tiger Club asking punters to save it from closure
Comments are closed on this article.