Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
A flaming good time during open day at Worthing fire station
5:20pm Monday 29th July 2013 in News
It’s the stuff dreams are made of for youngsters across the world.
Worthing Fire Station opened its doors to thousands of excited children on Saturday for its annual open day.
Budding firemen and women of the future were given a look behind the scenes at the station in Ardsheal Road, including a chip pan fire demonstration and a chat with brave crew members.
Visitors also got up close with various pieces of lifesaving equipment used in 999 emergencies, were given road traffic accident rescue demonstrations and taken on rides in the monster fire engines.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
- Santa bus in Woodingdean tonight
Comments are closed on this article.