A village cricket club has secured the biggest win in its history – after beating a side containing Brian Lara, Courtney Walsh and Inzaman Ul Haq.
The charity match, which was arranged by editor turned TV presenter Piers Morgan, took place at Newick Cricket Club on Sunday.
The village side took on the legends – and Morgan – in two games and unbelievably came out on top.
Dog walkers and locals did a double-take when checking out the weekend opposition. Lara is considered one of the greatest batsmen of all time, scoring 11,953 runs in 131 tests.
Walsh is one of the best bowlers and also a member of the exclusive 500 wicket club.
They were joined by Pakistani great Inzaman Ul Haq and former England batsman Adam Hollioake.
Following the contest the stars took to Twitter to review the match.
Brain Lara said: “Enjoyed cricket yesterday – it was intense last couple overs.”
Piers Morgan replied: “Final update from the big match. Morgan/Lara shared 30 minute partnership in Game 2.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Couple suspected of Oliver Twist theft of a pram worth £700
- Just 0.88 per cent of Blue Badges being used fraudulently handed in during amnesty
- Great turn out of volunteers who helped clean Brighton beach of litter
- Consultant at the Royal Sussex County Hospital fired after ‘racist’ comments
- Brighton police tell woman her parents have died in Tunisia