Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton bingo fans say thanks to Argus Appeal for new carpet
4:20pm Tuesday 30th July 2013 in News
As eager players set their eyes down for a full house they might have noticed a new addition to their club.
The Argus Appeal paid £1,332 to have a new carpet fitted in the Tyson Place Social Club in Brighton last week to the delight of staff and bingo players alike.
Anne Ewings, chairman of Mount Pleasant Residents Association, said: “It looks brilliant – it’s transformed the whole clubroom.
“The Argus Appeal has given us a stepping stone to achieve so much more with our clubhouse.
“Once you lay the foundations, in our case the carpet, you can build upon it and that’s what we’re going to do.
“It looks sublime and it opens up many options for us, all of which will raise money to be put back into the residents.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Hove shop assistant chases after knife-carrying robber
- Former Whitehawk FC players in court on match-fixing counts
- Carol singers at windmill raise money for hospice.
Comments are closed on this article.