Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Cheeky Chappie Max Miller remembered in Brighton
5:40pm Tuesday 6th August 2013 in News
Comedy fans gathered to remember one of Brighton’s funniest sons.
The Cheeky Chappie Charity Garden Party was held at the Pavilion Gardens Café on Sunday to celebrate the life of Brighton-born comedian Max Miller.
Attendees this year at the annual event included former Crossroads actor Tony Adams and Doctor Who, Foyle’s War and Holby City actor Michael Jayston.
Those giving praise to the funnyman, who was born Thomas Henry Sargent in Hereford Street in Brighton 118 years ago, enjoyed afternoon tea fundraising auctions and raffles.
It was to raise money for The Carers Centre for Brighton & Hove and the Martlets Hospice.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Our heroes on the streets - veterans among rising homeless in Brighton and Hove
- Fish die after "significant" pollution incidents hit West Sussex
- Rogue lorry drivers targeted in smuggling crackdown
- Kitty in the City needs new van
- Bank robbers strike in Haywards Heath
Comments are closed on this article.