Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Family’s wild ride for Martlets Hospice charity
6:30pm Tuesday 6th August 2013 in News
Motorcyclists have endured torrential downpours during a 700-mile bike ride around the country to raise money for charity.
Mike and Karen Bridger helped organise the event in memory of their daughter, Elaine Entticknapp, who died suddenly from cancer last year aged 38.
So far, the couple has raised more than £1,000 for the Martlets Hospice.
Karen Bridger said: “My husband and my two sons set off on Saturday with four bikers in total and I am proud of them.
“It is such a good cause and that is why we wanted so they can help someone else.
“The bikers have been brilliant and everybody I have asked has agreed to help.”
Mrs Bridger is hoping to add more money to the fund with a raffle at 1pm on Saturday at St Richard’s Community Centre in Egmont Road, Hove.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- VIDEO: Police helicopter captures hardy Brightonians braving sub-zero tempratures
- Crash on Shoreham flyover closes both lanes of the A27 westbound
- Concerns grow for missing 14-year-old Southwater girl
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
Comments are closed on this article.