Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Crew tackle kitchen blaze after Brighton man falls asleep cooking curry
Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire after a man fell asleep halfway through cooking a late-night curry.
A crew from Preston Circus station was sent to Stanley Court, Lewes Road, Brighton, at around 1.30am this morning (August 8).
A hungry resident had decided to cook after a few drinks.
However, after putting his curry on the stove he fell asleep on the sofa.
Firefighters quickly put out the resulting blaze and used a fan to blow the smoke out of the building.
The block was evacuated but nobody was hurt.
A short time later the man was allowed back into his house and went to bed – minus his curry.
A spokesman for East Sussex Fire and Rescue said: “Thankfully this didn’t get out of control but it could have been serious.
“We advise against cooking after a few drinks. It doesn’t take long for a small fire to get out on control.”
Comments are closed on this article.