Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Brighton charity offers free lunches to children during school holidays
5:30pm Thursday 8th August 2013 in News
Free meals are back on offer for families struggling to make ends meet during school holidays.
Chomp is run by One Church in Gloucester Place, Brighton, offering lunch for children who usually have free school meals.
The free and healthy meal, which is combined with fun learning and recreational activities, launched during the Easter break.
Organiser Amy Goodwin said: “Chomp seeks to bridge that holiday hunger gap offering free, nutritious meals and activities for families on low incomes.”
It is running until August 30 from noon to 1.30pm every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday except Bank Holiday Monday.
To find out more information and to register for a place contact Amy on 01273 694746 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chomp is linked to makelunch.org.uk, a project of The Grassroots.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Same-sex weddings are the "icing on the cake"
- New bid to drill for fossil fuels in South Downs National Park
- Drugs giant to invest millions in town site
- "Vinnie" sought over sex attack
Comments are closed on this article.