Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Man 'stabbed' as he sat outside cafe in Crawley
A man was attacked as he sat outside a café in Crawley.
He was outside the Brewery Shade in High Street at 1.30pm on Wednesday when he was attacked in the stomach by two men.
The air ambulance was called. A South East Coast Ambulance spokesman said: “Clinicians in two ambulances attended the scene. A man aged in his 20s was assessed and treated for an injury to his abdomen before being taken as a priority to East Surrey Hospital.”
A Sussex Police statement said: “Police were called to a report of a man having been stabbed in High Street.
“It was established that the man had not been stabbed but had been cut by two suspects while he was sitting outside a cafe. His condition is not believed to be serious.
“The suspects ran off. The air ambulance was initially called but then stood down.
“Officers are at the scene investigating. Any witnesses should contact 101 quoting serial 814 of 07/08.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
- Hove shop assistant chases after knife-carrying robber
- Former Whitehawk FC players in court on match-fixing counts
Comments are closed on this article.