Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Water restored to thousands of Sussex homes following burst pipe
8:20am Friday 9th August 2013 in News
Thousands of homes that had been without water since Tuesday had their water supply restored yesterday.
Most of the 3,000 homes in East Sussex that have been affected have now had their water supply restored.
South East Water said the bursts were all on a pipeline taking water from a treatment works at Crowhurst Bridge to a service reservoir in Flimwell.
People have had their water delivered to them and bottled water has been available at a number of sites throughout the county.
A spokesman for South East Water said: “We are continuing to restore supplies with almost all our customers now receiving a supply in Ticehurst, Hurst Green, Robertsbridge and Mountfield.
“Once again we would like to apologise for any inconvenience.”
South East Water advised customers to run the cold tap in the kitchen to clear any air pockets.
The first pipe burst abouy 4pm on Tuesday, followed by a second at 2am on Wednesday and at 3.30pm the same day.
Comments are closed on this article.