Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Russian gay line attacked by Brighton Kemptown MP
11:30am Friday 9th August 2013 in News
Brighton Kemptown’s MP has written to Foreign Secretary William Hague urging him to lead international condemnation of the Russian Government’s treatment of LGBT people.
Simon Kirby raised the appalling recent record of the Russian Government on equal rights.
This includes a recent ban on the distribution of so-called “propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations” which critics claim will silence the LGBT community and further isolate gay, lesbian and transgender people within Russian society.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.