Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Newhaven nature reserve damaged in fire
10:31am Sunday 11th August 2013 in News
Dozens of firefighters were called in after a nature reserve caught alight.
Five crews from Newhaven, Seaford and Roedean were called to a gorse fire in Castle Hill, Newhaven, at just after 11pm last night.
An area of four acres was damaged in the blaze.
Crews spent about three hours tackling the fire and returned in the morning to damp down the area.
East Sussex Fire and Rescue service received almost 60 calls in the evening although no nearby homes were evacuated.
If you saw the fire ring 01273 544530 or email email@example.com.
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Schoolboy taken to hospital after being hit by car
- Brighton and Hove schools are doing better than ever but attainment divide is still in evidence
- Judge in Ricardo Pisano murder case has said he will accept majority ruling
Comments are closed on this article.