Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Police launch appeal to find missing Hove man
5:27pm Sunday 11th August 2013 in News
A police appeal has been launched to find an elderly dementia sufferer.
Sussex Police are asking the public to be on the lookout for Arash Abshar, who has been missing from his Hove home since yesterday.
The 81-year-old suffers from dementia and was last seen by his wife at around 11am on Saturday.
Mr Abshar is described as about 5' 6" tall, well built with grey hair and was last seen wearing a navy check jacket and tie.
Inspector Jon Carter from Brighton said: "Although Mr Abshar has lived in England a long time and speaks English, he has recently been communicating with people in Turkish and also a Persian dialect called Arsari and often switches between the two.
"He is known to frequent the Taj on Western Road but the staff have not seen him in the last 24 hours.
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting serial 1604 of 10/8.
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Bomb squad called to Brighton street
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
Comments are closed on this article.