Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
From open day to rescue for Shoreham rescue team
7:43am Monday 12th August 2013 in News
Lifeboat crew left an open day to help a windsurfer in trouble.
Shoreham’s all weather and inshore lifeboats were called to a windsurfer in the water off Widewater Lagoon off Lancing yesterday.
The crew were just finishing their display with Brighton lifeboat and the coastguard helicopter at 999 Emergency Services Day on the Hove seafront when they paged to the windsurfer in trouble at just before 3.30pm.
However by the time crews had reached him strong winds had pushed the windsurfer ashore.
- Jury continues deliberations in rent boy 'murder'
- Wife of jailed Brighton marine ‘overwhelmed’ by support
- Bird species in sharp decline in Sussex
- Father Scotty McGill tells of horror after being attacked by machete in street
- Santa bus in Woodingdean tonight
Comments are closed on this article.