Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Children ready for battle at the Abbey with Battle Tactics for Kids
6:30pm Monday 12th August 2013 in News
Children have swapped schoolbooks for swords and shields as they bring history to life.
Battle Tactics for Kids is taking place at Battle Abbey in Battle every day throughout August.
Youngsters have been taking the opportunity to take part in shield and spear drills, learn sword skills and then line up as a Norman or Saxon solider in the have-a-go Battle of Hastings.
Jo Stewart, English Heritage property manager, said: “We’ve had lots of enthusiasm in the assembled ranks of the drills and have-a-go battle.
“The kids are really getting into the spirit of things and they love the variety of being able to go from one activity to another.”
For more information visit englishheritage.org.uk.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Lifelong cyclist dies after crashing into a fence
- UPDATE: Worthing flat fire broke out in large cannabis factory
- Gay Brighton couple to have the city's first ever same-sex wedding
- Plans to turn Lewes Magistrate's Court into Premier Inn hotel rejected by council
- Climate change advisor 'in favour' of fracking
Comments are closed on this article.