Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Residents evacuated from care home as Bognor garage burns
3:07pm Tuesday 13th August 2013 in News
A care home has been evacuated after firefighters feared cylinders in a garage fire could spark a larger explosion.
Up to 50 firefighters have been called to a fire at a garage workshop in Chalcraft Lane, Bognor, from 11.50am this morning.
The garage was fully engulfed in flames which also spread to a nearby bungalow.
Twenty residents and eight members of staff have been evacuated from a nearby care home and a 200m cordon has been put up around the incident.
Firefighters are hoping the cordon could be lifted by 3.30pm if acetylene cylinders have cooled sufficiently.
- Worthing teen died after doctors did not check for tumour, inquest hears
- Fire breaks out at historic Brighton flats
- Mother of fire murder victim Terry Davies remembers her beloved son
- Barnham police sergeant admits to sex offences against teenager
- Sussex chef Steven Edwards triumphs in Masterchef final
Comments are closed on this article.