Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Starry night brings delight as Sussex spotters see Perseid Meteor shower
3:20pm Wednesday 14th August 2013 in News
Sussex stargazers enjoyed clear views of a dazzling splash of stars as the Perseid Meteor shower went overhead on Monday night.
Many stayed up late to watch the night sky. Brighton resident Zonah Graham, 20, watched the spectacle from the top of Ditchling Road. Me and a group of friends went up there specially to watch the meteor shower. It was so beautiful, but it was all over in a split second.”
Janine Walsh climbed Highdown Hill in West Sussex, determined to get a great photograph of the shower.
“It was a great atmosphere up there, loads of families had come out to watch the meteor shower. You could see the stars very clearly.”
An amateur photographer, Janine Walsh was please to have got such a good picture. “It was a challenge to get a decent night shot, and the meteors were coming from different directions, making it tricky. But I'm really pleased with the photo and that the plough is in there too.
"It was a great experience.”
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Sentenced to life: Royal Marine from Brighton who shot wounded Afghan in cold blood
- Bomb squad called to Brighton street
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Sussex Police Chief Constable announces retirement after 32-year career
Comments are closed on this article.