Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Woman attacked by men near Withdean sports centre
A woman was attacked by a group of men this week near the Withdean sports stadium.
The incident happened on the afternoon of Tuesday, August 13 when a 30-year old Brighton woman reported that she had been attacked by two or three men in Tongdean Lane at about 2pm.
She was treated at the Royal Sussex County Hospital for shock and bruising.
Police have been investigating and making house to house enquiries in the area.
Detective Inspector Lee Horner said: "This is an isolated report and we are making enquiries to establish exactly what has happened and have been asking local people if they saw anything suspicious in the area that afternoon.
"The woman is blonde and was not wearing her shoes when she called a friend in a distressed state from the Tongdean Lane junction with Aldred Avenue area.
"If anyone can help they are asked to call us on 101 quoting serial 1001 of 13/8. You can also call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
- Big backer for Brighton Half Marathon
- Man bitten by Border Collie when walking through Chichester field