Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Motorcyclist has life threatening injuries after A23 accident
8:20am Monday 19th August 2013 in News
A motorcyclist suffered life-threatening injuries in a crash which closed the A23 for more than three hours last night (August 18).
In the accident near Hickstead just after 5.30pm a 61-year-old, from Hove, riding a red Yamaha motorcycle, collided with a silver Peugeot 307 driven by a 34-year-old Bexhill woman.
Emergency services were called to the scene and an air ambulance landed on the southbound carriageway.
The northbound carriageway remained open, but the southbound was closed until about 9pm whilst the victim was attended to, and the scene was investigated and cleared.
After being treated at the scene the motorcyclist was taken by road ambulance to the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, in a serious condition.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to call Sussex Police on 101 quoting Operation Adder or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Murder investigation launched following huge fire which killed man, 24, and led to four others needing treatment
- Shoreham lifeboat heroes clock up 50 years at sea
- Supreme Court judges allow Scientology wedding
- Man robbed of shoes in Worthing attack
- Same-sex weddings are the "icing on the cake"
Comments are closed on this article.