Get involved: Send your news, views, pictures and video by texting SUPIC to 80360 or email us.
Full steam ahead for family day out on Bluebell Railway
3:20pm Monday 19th August 2013 in News
It was all aboard for a trip to the Bluebell Railway for a group of youngsters on Wednesday.
Thanks to Brighton and Hove Parents and Children’s Group, about 80 children and parents were able to take a trip on one of the railway’s old steam trains.
Youngsters gazed excitedly out of the windows as they chugged along the track.
After the fun of riding on the trains, the group stopped for a picnic in Sheffield Park in Uckfield.
A spokesman for Brighton and Hove Parents and Children’s Group said: “It was fantastic fun. The children really loved the place.
“There were no problems at all. We had fantastic weather, it was very sunny.
“The children especially loved looking at the engines when we got back to the station.”
For more coverage of the trip see Wednesday’s Youth In Action supplement.
See the latest news headlines from The Argus:
- Royal Marine convicted of murder named as Brighton's Alexander Blackman
- Two Whitehawk FC players charged with match fixing
- Bomb squad called to Brighton street
- Sussex business winners line up to take top honours
- Severe flooding in Shoreham after River Adur bursts its banks
Comments are closed on this article.